This course is available for customized on-site delivery for groups of 3 or more students.
Contact us today at 877-258-8987 for more information or a quote.
Scroll down the page for a list of upcoming course dates in our public calendar.
AJAX Programming with PHP (4 days)
Read a review of this course
Students attending this advanced AJAX training should have taken our Introduction to PHP training or have equivalent experience.
Students should also have an understanding of HTML and CSS technologies.
This Advanced AJAX training course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to AJAX training
- What is AJAX?
- Why use AJAX?
- Why not use AJAX?
- Defining look and feel using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- CSS Basics
- CSS Selectors
- Pseudo Selectors
- CSS Styles & AJAX
- Basic Concepts
- Case Sensitivity
- The Assignment Operator
- Reserved Words
- Data Types
- Logical Operators
- Other Assignment Operators
- Other Operators
- Decision Statements
- The Switch Statement
- The Function Statement
- The return Statement
- More on Functions
- Function Assignment
- Function Arguments
- Creating & Specifying Objects
- Setting & Querying Objects
- Miscellaneous Object Information
- Understanding the DOM
- The Client Side Document Object Hierarchy
- The Document Object
- Using the Hidden Frames Technique
- Understanding iFrames
- Updating iFrames
- Why Use iFrames?
- AJAX with XMLHttpRequest
- Using XMLHttpRequest
- XMLHttpRequest Methods
- XMLHttpRequest Object Properties
- Form Field Validation
- XMLHttpRequest Advantages & Disadvantages
- AJAX Restrictions & Limitations
- XMLHttpRequest Wrap-Up
- On-the-fly Field Validation with AJAX
- Understanding Incremental Field Validation
- Implementing Incremental Validation
- About JSON
- Using JSMX with JSON
- A JSON/JSMX Example
- Periodic Refresh with AJAX
- Understanding Periodic Refresh
- Implementing Timeouts
- Incremental Page Loads
- Why do Incremental Loads?
- Implementing Incremental Loading
- Working with the XML DOM
This class is limited to a maximum of 12 students.
This course is available for on-site delivery for groups of 3 or more students.
OTG offers discounted training for on-site courses of more than 3 students - call us at 877-258-8987 (or submit the form on the upper right side of this page) for more information.
Students who complete this AJAX training course will be able to do the following:
- Easily convert existing non-AJAX PHP Applications to AJAX using iFrames
- Generate Interactive Incremental AJAX validation applications (such as in our enrollment form)
- Use the HTML DOM and XML DOM to navigate and parse existing pages, and apply interactive (or non-interactive style changes)
- Implement applications that perform periodic refresh or application timeouts
- Integrate PHP Session Handling with AJAX applications for data and object persistence
- Utilize the JSMX Libraries to easily generate interactive applications
- Utilize PHP to generate AJAX server proxies
- Utilize AJAX to access Yahoo! GeoData for address lookup & mapping
The following materials are used to deliver this course:
- OTG Course Guide (see PDF below)
Enroll in this course